- Fix Python 3.7 compatibility (#117, thanks @eliduvid)
- Fix default value for game_ids (#102, thanks @FunnyPocketBook)
- Add chapter list to
download --chapteroption for downloading a single chapter
- Fix an issue where a temp vod file would be renamed while still being open, which caused an exception on Windows (#111)
This release switches from using
httpx for making http requests,
and from threads to
asyncio for concurrency. This enables easier
implementation of new features, but has no breaking changes for the CLI.
- BREAKING: Require Python 3.7 or later.
downloadfor limiting maximum bandwidth when downloading.
downloadfor displaying one video per line.
- Allow passing multiple video ids to
downloadto download multiple videos successively.
- Improved progress meter, updates on each chunk downloaded, instead of each VOD downloaded.
- Improved speed estimate, displays recent speed instead of average speed since the start of download.
- Decreased default concurrent downloads to 5. This seems to be enough to
saturate the download link in most cases. You can override this by setting the
-woption. Please test and report back if this works for you.
- Add support for downloading subscriber-only VODs (#48, thanks @cemiu)
envcommand for printing environment info for attaching to bug reports
videoscommand (#92, thanks @miff2000)
clipscommands to list all clips or videos in one go.
- Modify how
--pagerworks, will make multiple requests if needed to show all available items, ignoring
- Add support for downloading audio only (#10)
- Fix issues with output formats (#87, #89)
- Fix issues when downloading clip with no game set (#78)
- Add option to use clip slug in
downloadcommand which allows setting output file template (#70)
- Ask to overwrite before downloading to avoid later prompt
- Upgrade m3u8 lib to 1.0.0+
- Fix speed calculation when resuming download (#75, thanks CroquetteTheThe)
- Add artist and title metadata to resulting video (#80)
- Fix compat with older versions of python (#71)
- Fix clips download caused by Twitch changes (#64, thanks to all participants)
- Add support for new format of clip slug (thanks @Loveangel1337)
- Handle videos which don't exist more gracefully
infocommand for displaying video or clip info (#51)
- Don't show there are more videos when there aren't (#52, thanks @scottyallen)
- Fixed Twitch regression for getting the access token (#53)
- Fixed clip download issue (#45)
clipscommand for listing and batch downloading clips (#26)
- Fix bug introduced in previous version which broke joining
sourceas alias for best available quality (#33)
downloadto skip ffmpeg join (#36)
downloadto overwrite target without prompting for confirmation (#37)
videos, don't page by default (#30)
- Make downloading more robust, fixes issues with some VODs (#35)
- Bundle twitch-dl to a standalone archive, simplifying installation, see installation instructions in README
- Fix version number displayed by
- Fix videos incorrectly identified as clips (#28)
- Make download command work with video URLs lacking 'www' before 'twitch.tv'
- Print an error when video or clip is not found instead of an exception trace
downloadcommand, allows specifying the video quality to download. In this case, twitch-dl will require no user input. (#22)
- Fix download of clips which contain numbers in their slug (#24)
- Fix URL to video displayed by
videoscommand (it was missing /videos/)
- Breaking: wrongly named
--max_workersoption changed to
--max-workers. The shorthand option
-wremains the same.
- Fix bug where
videoscommand would crash if there was no game info (#21)
- Allow unicode characters in filenames, no longer strips e.g. cyrillic script
- Fix videos command (#18)
videoscommand no longer takes the
--offsetparameter due to API changes
- Add paging to
videoscommand to replace offset
videoscommand to filter by game
- Support for specifying broadcast type when listing videos (#13)
- Support for downloading clips (#15)
- Fix VOD naming issue (#12)
- Nice console output while downloading
- Fix video downloads after Twitch deprecated access token access
- Don't print errors when retrying download, only if all fails
- Fix usage of deprecated v3 API
- Use m3u8 lib for parsing playlists
--keepoption not preserve downloaded VODs
- No changes, bumped to fix issue with pypi
videoscommand, allows paging (#7)
- Show video URL in
downloadcommand for specifying the output format (#6)
--versionoption for printing program version
- Allow limiting download by start and end time
- Initial release